Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kids Clothes Week Summer 2013 So Tweet Swing Top and Bubble Skirt

It's summer time and its flying by! I am really enjoying spending extra time with my daughter and soaking up every minute of it, so my blogging schedule has been erratic. It will get back to normal once school starts in about three weeks. 





I did have a chance to take part in the Kids Clothes Week Summer edition this past week and love how my project turned out! 




Kids Clothes Week is a seasonal sewing challenge where you spend at least an hour a day sewing for the kiddos, for an entire week. I spent at least an hour a day working on the project from washing the fabric to completion, sometimes longer. 

Of course with the summer being so busy my original plan to end up with at least two finished outfits went a stray but I am glad we ended up with an adorable outfit in the end!

I used two fabrics from the Happier collection from Riley Blake Designs, by Deena Rutter. 





I have had this fabric in my hoard stash for at least a year or longer, so it's probably pretty hard to find these days. It was so cute I wanted to hold into it until I found the perfect project, and now I wish I had more of it! 




For the swing top I used the pattern that I purchased as a special offer from Fairytale Frocks and Lollipops also well over a year ago. I adore the little flower pocket! 




This top was fun to make and it put my bias making skills to use.  I do have to go back and alter the side seams some since the 3/4 size was a bit big even for my four year old, but that will be an easy fix! 




For the bottom I used the Elegance and Elephants Bubble Pocket Shorts pattern and altered it to make it a Bubble Skirt. 








My daughter is going through a no shorts phase, so although I adore the pattern as shorts she is not a fan. This pattern is great and I plan on purchasing more of her patterns. 




And there you have it, my finished Kids Clothes Week project....with a few still in the works. 




This project reminded me how important it is to sew something for yourself and your kiddos now and then even when you are wrapped up in other things, it's my therapy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, thank you for taking the time to leave one for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews