Monday, June 17, 2013

The Summer of No Pants Challenge Week Four - Sis Boom Color Pop

It's here!  The final week of The Summer of No Pants Sewing Challenge.....and our Moving Week!  





I've had so much fun during this sewing challenge, even though I found myself in a bit of a time crunch in the end due to our upcoming move, which started in full force today!  I wanted my last project to be something really colorful and fun, sort of a reflection project on the entire challenge.
  




My favorite color is purple, and pink would come in as a close second.  I've been hoarding saving this yard of Natasha print from Sis Boom's Crazy Love collection for something special.  It's been over a year and I decided to use it for this special project, after all it is too pretty to remain folded in my fabric hoard collection.  





After seeing the 1 Yard 30 Minute Skirt Tutorial from RaeGun Ramblings as a guest post earlier in The Summer of No Pants Sewing Challenge I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I wanted to give it a little more color pop, so rather than leave the elastic white I thought I would try to dye it to match the pink in the fabric.  





I have never dyed anything...well I vaguely remember tye-dying in Girl Scouts but not enough to know what I was doing, or if it would even work.  After consulting with some crafty friends they had mixed feelings.  Although I could have let the elastic soak for a bit longer, after about 1 hr and 40 mins my white elastic went from this....




to this....




...and I have to say that I'm pretty happy with it, especially for my first "dye job".  (As an aside, this fabric and colored elastic was extremely hard to photograph, for whatever reason the elastic would show up whited out, or the fabric would show up blue. I am no photographer. ;))





So, literally while waiting for the movers to arrive on day one of our moving adventure I sat down to create this fun and colorful skirt.  





I just love how it turned out, not only does it show off one of my favorite pieces of fabric, but my favorite colors, and it has that extra detail of the pink elastic that makes it really unique and super fun!  





Thank you all again for your continued support through this sewing challenge you are all amazing! Once my fourth and final entry has been accepted into the competition I will let everyone know how they can help me by voting for my final entry. 





Now...back to our moving adventure...do you believe they packed our entire house in less than seven hours????? Amazing!  

They aren't loading the truck until tomorrow, and they are delivering our items on Thursday so we are laying around, being nostalgic in our soon to be old home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, thank you for taking the time to leave one for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews