Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fabric Inspiration

I have been playing around with some recently purchased patterns, as well as some ideas of my own for a few new clothing items for my shop.  I've stumbled across so many great fabrics along the way that it is becoming hard to decide which to choose.  They are all inspiring, in a different way, and fun kid-friendly prints.  They have inspired me, perhaps they will inspire you!

My first love is this fabric offered by Contemporary Cloth.  It is called "Fly Away Sunrise", designed by Amy Schimler, who is quickly becoming one of my favorites when it comes to fabrics.  I think this would make a lovely base for a peasant dress, what do you think?




Second on my radar is this busy, colorful, and fun print (let's face it kids can pull of "busy" quite well) offered by The Ribbon Retreat.  It is called "Pink Dazzled" and is designed by Danlyn Lantorno for ADORNit.  I'm envisioning a cute pillow-case type of dress with this fabric. 




Another great find from The Ribbon Retreat is this joyful Spring fabric called "Meadow Friends-Girl" designed by Deb Strain for Moda.  Moda is also becoming a fast favorite of mine, especially for children's fabrics.  My mind is saying ruffle skirt of some sort when it comes to this one. 




The last fabric inspiration I want to share with you (believe me I found many, many, more) is this fun seersucker from Mood Fabrics.  The start of a lovely light-weight summer dress if you ask me!



If I have learned anything from my recent fabric search it is that I am drawn to "busy" fun prints.  Perhaps that is why I immerse myself in children's sewing projects and have yet to really sew anything for myself (pajama pants only).  Now all I need is some free time and a little spending money so I can put my inspiration into creation mode! 

Where do you go for great fabric choices and what inspires you?  I would love to hear about your favorites and how your creative processes work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, thank you for taking the time to leave one for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews