Thursday, December 15, 2011

Have you seen melted crayon art?????

Honestly, I'm not sure that "melted crayon art" is the correct term, but it is the easiest way to describe an awesome form of artwork I've stumbled upon recently and had to share.  Just when you thought that crayons could only color and draw.....


Yes, those are crayolas! Some use a dryer to melt the crayons, others put them in a hot glue gun and get to painting! (The glue gun becomes a designated crayon gun.) Combined with other artistic media melted crayon art goes from cool to breathtaking!


I love these pieces!


I guess you COULD do this on your own, but check out these awesome works of art availabe for sale that were made by Bisou Bisou & Co, a lovely Etsy shop.  Just gorgeous!  





So...next time you are looking at a box of crayons try something new, or purchase a wonderful piece of melted crayon art to hang in your home.  You will certainly have an original one of a kind piece for all to see, a definite conversation starter!
...And visit Bisou Bisou & Co, tell her I sent you, she also has lovely accessories, jewelry, and home decor items in her shop!


2 comments:

  1. Lol, I have to admit, this is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it though? I wonder if I'll ever be brave enough to try it myself. ;) I think it's a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, thank you for taking the time to leave one for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews